Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ya win some, ya lose some....

Paid off our vehicle this month. YAY! No more car payments for a while. Good thing, because....



We are going through this weird phase that happens every few years (to everyone, I hope.)



Every weekend for the last two months something has broken. Here is a little synopsis:




  • Brakes on Expedition -$300

  • Pump on Pool - $400

  • Air Conditioning in Expedition - $800

  • Washing Machine not spinning - $free$ loose something-or-other tightened!

  • Battery on Expedition - $150

  • My bedside lamp - $20 (I know that one is odd, but my night-time ritual demands that my lamp works - it's a quirk.)
  • Pool Cover (child protection cover) - $65

  • Grand Am - today's finding - will need two new tires $200-ish I'm sure.

That's all I can remember for now, but isn't that enough people?! I am so grateful for my handy-dandy husband who has done all the labor and has the brain power to fix all the above for free! Yes, the dollars you see are for MATERIALS only. Yikes.


Hubby is working towards a new guitar (I tease him that in 5 years he will have put in enough labor hours to earn his dream Gibson Les Paul) but I say for now he has enough things to do around here, mister.


I love him. He is my fixer and he has cute muscles, too! He DOES deserve a Les Paul - if only I could afford one. It seems I just spent all my money.

1 comment:

  1. One time I complained to my mom that every time we got a bonus the car broke down. She said I was looking at it the wrong way. It was a blessing that the car waited to break down until the bonus came so we could pay for it.

    Nice thought, but I wanted that money for other things! Still, when I look at it her way, I can really see God watching out for me.

    ReplyDelete