Monday, March 8, 2010

My Book Bender

Read
by Ann Turner

Do you remember
learning to read?
That book full of squiggles
like ants, escaped.
the teacher's big thumb
on the page,
your heart beating inside
afraid that all you'd ever see
was ants---
Then a word popped out.
"See," and another, "cat,"
and my finger on teacher's
we read "I see cat."
I ran around the room
so happy I saw words
instead of ants.

I just love this poem!  Fred is learning to read and it is so fun to hear him reading EVERYTHING and sounding out the words on signs, buildings, shirts, bags and of course, books EVERYWHERE we go! 

I just love reading, too.  So, I am starting a book blog... I hope you will check it out and I hope you enjoy my musings.  I haven't quite figured out how I am going to format it, so it will be a work in progress (just like me!). 



1 comment: