Thursday, May 13, 2010

April showers bring.... May.

It's May!  In fact, it's half way to June!  Here is a re-cap of our Spring Happenings...

  • I ran a 1/2 Marathon with a great friend of mine the day before Easter.  We had a great time running a couple of long runs (oh, how I love the conversational twists and turns of those lactic acid delirium runs!).  I beat my time from the Rock-n-Roll run by 4 minutes... woo hoo!  Oh, the hills by Lake Mead were killer, but we powered through and I had a great time!



  • The easter egg hunt after the race was a highlight for the kids.  They had a blast getting easter baskets filled with candy, stuffed animals and a crayon box with a sharpener built in!  So amazing that my teenage daughter was so thrilled by the crayon box that we had to get her a new coloring book so she could use them!  I love days like that.....




  • Easter was especially important to our family this year, we watched The Passion of the Christ with Rose & Bella.  So amazing to see them realize what Jesus gave up for them.  I am so grateful to be able to share his love and sacrifice with the very gifts that he gave me.  

  • On Easter our friends came over for lunch and another Easter Egg Hunt!  Easter services were wonderful, we always go to the Sunrise service that the youth puts on in the courtyard of our church.  It was so moving, the songs sung by sweet young voices always move me as the sun rises against the backdrop of the steel cross in the middle of the walkway.  After the service we went to McDonalds for breakfast and were joined by most of the youth!  They always make me laugh, how I love those kids....  We then went back to the first "traditional" service and the music, complete with choir (including my favorite opera singer and Bestie), orchestra, organ and of course, an amazing sermon by our Pastor.   He is moving on to be District Superintendent in July and it was bittersweet knowing this is probably the last holiday we will hear his wonderful words. 







I'm sure there are more highlights, I may post later (pun intended....)

2 comments:

  1. How fun to read about your family! You guys are awesome!

    Kristel was coloring the other day--and she's 31! Kevin teased her but I think it's great. Sometimes we've just got to let our inner child come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your running is inspiring. You are amazing! And your family is so cute.

    ReplyDelete