Wednesday, June 2, 2010

summer Summer SUMMER!

School's out for SUMMER!  Three months of lazy, hot, sunny, slushie filled evenings by the pool! 

I think they are already bored.

I'm not!  The last week of May always finds me running ragged between:
  • End of School Award Ceremonies
  • End of Year Band Concerts
  • Registration for the school year to come
  • Baseball Games
  • Baseball Playoffs & extra practices
  • Fred's B-day
  • Rose's B-day
  • Memorial Day
  • oh, yeah - I work full-time
  • and - run a house full-time
  • and hubby worked two extra 12 hour shifts this week
  • AND we hauled 5 tons of rock around our back yard switching from grass to desert landscape....

Which means......

I can't WAIT for pool side rest & relaxation now that the kids are all old enough to play independently (in life-jackets, of course) to read a book and sip a slurpee......

1 comment:

  1. If they are bored they won't give you time to get bored...
    my cure for that was always "I'll find you something to do..." and then name a list of chores. Seriously, they found ways to entertain themselves! When we moved I found games drawn on their walls and floors--a small price to pay.

    ReplyDelete