Monday, May 4, 2009

School Days

I registered the little guy for Kindergarten last week. Can't believe he is that old already, he will be five (5!) on May 26th. He was all ready to go to school, so I had to explain to him that we were just signing him up, we still need to play all summer and THEN he will go to school.

So, next year I will have the following:
  • 8th grader (middle school)
  • 5th grader (elementary school)
  • Kindergarten (elementary school 1/2 day only)
  • Daycare

4 kids

+

2 schools

+

1 daycare

=

4 schedules

_______________

1 Daddy on night shift

+

1 Mommy who is very grateful to have such a flexible job so she can do drop off / pick up duty!

=

PARENTS. The toughest job you will ever love.

Wait. We still have to get through this school year.... one month to go.

Then splish-splash through the summer months with lots of slushies by the pool!

I am going to live in the moment and enjoy these kids while I have them in my arms for this season in life!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Mommy, the dreaded 1/2 day kindergarten year! It always seemed like I'd just get them all sorted out, run maybe one quick errand, and it was time to start all over again! Of course, living in the country added a lot of driving time to all of that!

    Enjoy your slushie summer!

    ReplyDelete