Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Run, Forest, Run!

Best 5k time ever yesterday! I must say, it was AWESOME! My friend, who is currently training for her first Triathalon and has run several 1/2 marathons, gave me a Runner's World beginners guide to running and it had some great tips. I followed the advice to have an energy-giving snack an hour or two before the run. I had a 1/4 cup of nuts and a banana... yummy fuel! I ran the whole 3.1 miles without walking (a first, please applaud!) and finished in 33 minutes. "11 minute miles" wooo hooo! getting better!

I am attempting to re-create my i-pod playlist, as I had it on shuffle and need desperately to remember what songs I ran like lightening to!

  • Breakfast, Newsboys
  • Author of Life, Phil Joel
  • Bet on it, Zac Efron
  • Watching You, White Tie Affair
  • Panama, Van Halen
  • Return, Needtobreathe

Good, but not long enough for me, I like to FF to the next song when I get bored...

Here is my actual Running Playlist as well;

  • Welcome to the Jungle, Guns n Roses
  • By Myself, Linkin Park
  • Survior, Destiny's Child
  • Rehab, Amy Winehouse
  • Have a Nice Day, Bon Jovi
  • Cheap and Evil Girl, Bree Sharp
  • Fighter, Christina Aguilara
  • Hollaback Girl, Gwen Stefani
  • Kickstart my Heart, Motley Crew (my favorite when I need a push!)
  • In Better Hands, Natalie Grant
  • Smells like Teen Spirit, Nirvana
  • Crushcrushcrush, Paramore
  • Author of Life, Phil Joel (funny that this would come up on my shuffle list as well :)
  • Funhouse, Pink
  • Breakin Dishes, Rihanna
  • Shake It, Metro Station
  • You are my King, Newsboys

Well, there 'tis. I run best to the Newsboys or any worship music... something about focusing on what's important ya know!

Give me fuel

Give me fire

Give me that which I desire

beat, beat, beat, beat..... 160 beats per minute... I feel a run coming on...

WHAT???? There's no Metallica on my playlist. That's just wrong, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment