Saturday, July 31, 2010

Disneyland Momma

The last couple of weeks have been so much fun!  Here is a re-cap!

Hubby & I snuk away for a night out on the town while my friend Jewels took care of the kidlets!  SWA had an employee special at the Palazzo so we stayed there super cheap and got 2 for 1 tickets to Blue Man Group!  It was rockin' - especially since they were overbooked and upgraded us to a 2000 sq foot suite (that's as big as my HOUSE, people!) complete with a baby grand piano (I really should practice more so I can play in those situations - cuz you know they happen all the time…..)  and a pool table (I really should practice that too, a shark I am not!)  We had such a great time and stayed out half the night and acted like newly-weds!  It was so much fun and oh-so-indulgant!  Yipee! I love me some couple time with my man!

I took Bella on a trip to Disneyland! Yes!  Just Bella & me!  It was so fun to spend time with her and be silly, crazy, giddy for a few days!

The purpose of the trip is actually to spend time talking about what I like to call the "Sex, Drugs & Rock-n-Roll" conversation we all have to have with our kids.  About four years ago, my pastor's wife (who is one of my parenting mentors) told me how she had taken her daughter on a Disney Cruise for a few days and had the above referenced talk and how wonderful it was to spend time talking and making good memories one-on-one BEFORE the hormones and boy-craziness hits that we call Junior High!  So she made me promise I would take my kids on a trip (and Hubby would take our son) to do the same.  Shortly after that conversation, I was at a Marriage Conference called Weekend to Remember when I saw a display for a program like Pastor's Wife had described called Passport to Purity  - Perfect!  I bought it and saved it for a year when Rose was getting ready to start Middle School.  She had chosen to go to Six Flaggs Magic Mountain and we rode roller coasters (and I got my brains mushed) for three fun filled days!  So Bella has been planning her Passport to Purity trip for the last three years!  

Some things I loved about my Mommy / Daughter trip with Bella:

  • Bella planned for weeks which rides we would go on and in what order 
  • As soon as we arrived at our room in the hotel, she unpacked her bag, arranged her cosmetics, potions & lotions and turned down the bed
  • I was able to spoil her rotten and buy her gifts and treats and not feel a bit guilty! 
  • It was a  once in a lifetime weekend and I lived fully in the moment
  • We skipped through Disneyland and acted like 11 year olds
  • We ate chicken strips and fries (her very favorite) every single day, most days twice a day
  • We played in the ocean, splashing and drinking too much salt water and getting sand everywhere, including all over the rental car
  • I left her gifts on her pillow (bracelets, books, bookmarks, cd's) to shower her with love
  • I got to visit my birth-place and the beaches I always heard my older siblings talk about surfing at when we lived in California
  • I got to see my daughters love for her siblings as she carefully and thoughtfully picked out gifts for all of them
  • We had the best conversations about the purpose of life, love and discussed her hopes and dreams





I love you, my Bella!  
Since I'm in the mode of the Disneyland Fairytale -
May all your dreams come true!  





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for telling us about this weekend with Bella. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolute blast. I dream of being such good friends with my girls when they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! That sounds like it was an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete