Monday, July 5, 2010

Toothless the Nightfury Dragon

Fred lost his first tooth!  His two front bottom teeth have been loose for a month or so and he has been working to get them out.  Every night at bedtime we brush teeth and I wiggle them hard a couple times to help out.  The other night I could tell that the one was really loose; and well; having one child who swallowed a tooth, let's just say I didn't want a re-peat of that scenario..... so I asked Fred if I could just try one more time to get it out.

POP!

Out it came, no problemo, just a little blood & NO TEARS!  Oh, Fred - you are such a little man, good job dude!  Let's go show Daddy & Sissies your toothless grin!

We booked it downstairs and he took in all the "cool, dude" and "awesome" accolades and we went to head back upstairs to bed.

While still in the kitchen and with everyone around, little man grabbed his tummy and started whining "Oh, Momma, I don't feel so good....." while his eyes were rolling up in his head and he started flopping around like you do just before you faint.....

I jumped into action, grabbing him and talking to him to keep him from passing out, trying to gain eye contact and (gently) smackin his cheeks to try to get him to snap out of it.  My mind was racing 1000 miles an hour... please don't pass out; you did such a good job not crying when you saw blood and your sisters will never let you live it down if you faint after loosing your first tooth.... when Fred suddenly perked right up, jumped out of my arms and yelled


  







"Boo! haha Momma, got ya!"

If he wasn't toothless before, he certainly would be now........

No comments:

Post a Comment