Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Annivery to the love of my life!


Happy Happy Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!  The one whom I have loved since I was 15 years old and who I have now officially been married to for HALF MY LIFE.....  woah, I feel old.  I thought you may enjoy a couple of pictures from days gone by! 



Junior Prom 1990

Christmas 1990

The Proposal - Valentine's Day 1991



September 7, 1991

While I am being nostalgic, here is the story of how we met as well!

The summer before my freshman year of high school, I attended the "Last Chance Dance" before football season started.  Where I grew up, Football is FOOTBALL and the boys aren't allowed to talk to girls or socialize (too much) because it distracts them from the FOOTBALL, thus the "Last Chance Dance" where, you got it, it's their last chance until FOOTBALL season is over! 
I went to the dance with my best friend, who, like most girls at our school, had a major crush on the quarterback.  The dance was held in my TINY town at the old abandoned swimming pool / skating rink.  I don't remember the dance being held there any other time, but it was a good place to have a dance ie; spooky background for silly girls who need a shoulder to cling to; but I digress....  Bestie wanted to ask QB to dance, but didn't want to go alone.  She dared me to ask quarterback's friend to dance so she wouldn't have to walk across the dance floor by herself. 

And then I met the love of my life....

He was funny, tall, dark hair, handsome, witty and sarcastic!  We danced, laughed, and goofed around all night and I don't think I ever stopped laughing the whole time!  I was very much smitten!  I couldn't believe I didn't know of him before the dance, after all, he was going to be a senior, and he was best friends with the quarterback of the FOOTBALL team.  I asked him if he played football and he said that he loved football, but wasn't very good at it so they let him be the waterboy.  Huh?  The waterboy?  In my town, they let EVERYONE play FOOTBALL - it's just that important!  Ok, whatever...... he is so funny, tall, dark hair, handsome, witty and sarcastic.... I guess I can get over the fact that he doesn't play on the FOOTBALL team, right?  Right. 

Fast-forward to the first day of my high school career - Fresh Meat.  The Cheerleaders had a pep assembly to welcome the new year and get everyone riled up for the football game later that week.  I was just enjoying the show, when the head cheerleader announced that the FOOTBALL CAPTAIN was going to come up and give a speech.... you guessed it.... it was my WATERBOY! 

Did I mention he was funny?  I do believe that was what hooked me - his humility, sense of humor, beautiful green eyes and his ability to make me feel like the most beautiful, loved, capable woman in the world at the same time he makes me realize how completely dorky, quirky and vulnerable I am!  I absolutely adore you, Husband, even if you are only the waterboy. 

You are my best friend and my love
Dolphins & kisses
 for ever and for always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment